Happy “Hump Day” to everyone and welcome into an outstanding edition of the Daily Noontime, which we hope you enjoy! Here’s a look at some of the headlines and news of the day!
* Once again, the Boston Red Sox faltered in the late innings on Tuesday against the Baltimore Orioles, which resulted in a 7-5 loss.
* The NBA Lockout continues, but it certainly seems that both sides are interested in finalizing a deal, so they can save the upcoming season. Both parties will meet with one another on Wednesday and possibly Thursday.
* In case you’ve missed the past two weeks of the NFL season – here’s some news and notes from the San Francisco Chronicle.
* According to some sources – the Dallas Cowboys plan to roll out quarterback Tony Romo next Monday against the Washington Redskins despite a punctured lung and fractured rib.
* The Winnipeg Jets earned their first preseason win on Tuesday against the Columbus Blue Jackets, 6-1 and hopefully this is a sign of good things to come.
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at New York Yankees (MLB) – 1:05/7:00pm eastern
* Milwaukee at Chicago Cubs (MLB) – 2:20pm eastern
* Baltimore at Boston (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* Atlanta at Florida (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* New York Mets at St. Louis (MLB) – 8:10pm eastern
* San Francisco at L.A. Dodgers (MLB) – 10:10pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Anyone think we could see Charlie Batch under center this season for the Pittsburgh Steelers, especially if Big Ben gets hurt?