Happy Thursday to everyone and welcome into another wonderful edition of the Daily Noontime! Here’s some headlines and news to kick-start your day!
* It’s hard to believe, but the Atlanta Braves and Boston Red Sox blew their Wild Card leads on Wednesday and allowed the Tampa Bay Rays and St. Louis Cardinals the opportunity to snag the final playoff spots in the American and National League.
* According to the Boston Globe’s Chad Finn - the Red Sox should blame themselves for their epic collapse, not anyone else.
* After losing to the Baltimore Orioles, Jonathan Papelbon told the Boston media that he doesn’t have any excuses for blowing his final save of the season.
* The Rays enjoyed an exciting Wednesday evening, as they rallied to score eight runs against the New York Yankees.
* According to reports, Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick participated in a practice on Wednesday and certainly hopes to be on the field Sunday.
* The Dallas Cowboys have won their last two games and certainly hope to make it three in a row, yet their biggest challenge on Sunday will be defending Detroit’s Calvin Johnson.
Games to Watch:
* #16 South Florida at Pittsburgh (NCAA Football) – 8:00pm eastern
* Houston at UTEP (NCAA Football) – 8:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
In case you missed this music video after the Red Sox game on Wednesday – here it is … again!