It’s Tuesday, which means we’re inching closer to Sunday’s big game between the New England Patriots and New York Giants. Although, while we anxiously count down the hours, minutes and seconds, let’s continue our series, “Countdown to the Super Bowl” with a few highlights and links from Media Day.
* Media Day’s are normally filled with a variety of thought provoking, as well as silly and bizarre questions. Do you think someone asked Bill Belichick to spell his receivers names? I don’t think so, but according to an article from the AP, we learn about some of the unusual questions that were asked on Tuesday.
* ESPNBoston.com provided an interesting blog that featured highlights of a Tedy Bruschi interview on The Herd with Chris Cowherd radio show. Bruschi talked about the big game and tight end Rob Gronkowski‘s injury.
* Patriots wide receiver Chad Ochocinco reflected on this past year with New England, and talked with the NFL Network about the opportunity to play in the Super Bowl.
* According to ESPNNewYork.com – Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz is excited to test the Patriots questionable secondary.
* The New York Times provides an interesting piece on quarterback Eli Manning, who spoke with reporters about his brother Peyton Manning, but not his future.
* It’s a total long shot, but could Giants head coach Tom Coughlin “be forging a legacy” if his team defeats the Patriots, again?
* The New York Daily News profiled Belichick’s “Media Day” experience.