The Boston-Detroit series ended in heartbreak, as the Tigers rallied to score three runs in the bottom of the 11th, which lifted them past the Red Sox, 13-12. Alex Avila‘s two-run blast provided Detroit their third consecutive win.
Here are some links and recaps from Sunday’s afternoon contest.
* After watching their third game conclude with a loss, Boston’s Bobby Valentine apparently is dazed and confused about his ball club.
* Against Boston on this particular date – Avila was the true hero for Detroit.
* Once again, WEEI’s Alex Speier writes about the Sox up and down bullpen that once again didn’t prevail.
* Comcast Sports New England provided an interesting piece about how the Sox blew two leads – one in the ninth and one in the 11th – which allowed the Tigers to win.
* The Detroit Free Press crafted a piece about the Tigers offense, which produced when it needed to.
* After three games – CBS Sports believes that Boston has a closer problem.