It’s Thursday, which means the weekend is right around the corner. And while we anxiously await for Friday, let’s jumpstart this particular day with some headlines and news.
* Despite tying the game in the third inning, Kansas City retained the lead with one run in the fourth, which helped the Royals defeat the Boston Red Sox, 4-3. Jon Lester earned his third loss of the season, while Adrian Gonzalez registered his 19th RBI of the season.
* Boston will return to Fenway Park on Thursday, and attempt to earn their second win in May against the Cleveland Indians. The Sox have only won win in the current month, which was against the Royals on Monday, but have lost seven of their last eight contests.
* According to reports – Josh Beckett, who is scheduled to pitch the first game against the Indians in Boston, supposedly spent an off day last week playing golf while nursing a lat muscle. Beckett did not appear in Sunday’s 17 inning contest against Baltimore due to his “injury,” and hasn’t appeared on the bump since April 29, against the Chicago White Sox.
* The Boston Celtics will attempt to end their first round series against the Atlanta Hawks on Thursday at the TD Garden. Boston has a 3-2 advantage, and has won two out of three games at home.
* Finally, Hawks owner Michael Gearon Jr. told the Atlanta Journal Constitution that Kevin Garnett is the dirtiest player in league. He also claimed that the Celtics are an old team, too.