It’s Monday, which means a new week has officially begun! Let’s get it started with some news and headlines from the city of Boston!
* The Boston Red Sox won their third consecutive game on Sunday, as the local nine pounded the Cleveland Indians, 12-1. Daniel Bard picked up his third win of the season, as he pitched six innings, allowed one earned run, and fanned two batters, while Jarrod Saltalamacchia recorded one home run and 5 RBIs.
* Boston has now won 15 games, and will look to earn their eighth win at Fenway Park on Monday when they host the Seattle Mariners – Jon Lester opposes Jason Vargas – first pitch is scheduled for 7:10PM.
* According to various reports – Daisuke Matsuzaka will make two more rehab starts with the PawSox before returning to Boston. The right-hander made his most recent start on Saturday, and lasted 5.1 innings and allowed seven hits, five runs, but fanned five batters.
* The Boston Celtics will look to earn their second Eastern Conference semi-final victory on Monday when they return to the hardwood at the TD Garden. Boston defeated Philadelphia, 92-91 on Saturday, and were given the day off on Sunday.
* Finally, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was recently interviewed by Sports Illustrated’s Peter King, who wrote in his weekly, “Monday Morning Quarterback” an excerpt about his first start against the Indianapolis Colts on Sept. 30, 2001.