Happy “hump day” to everyone! The rain seems to be subsiding, which means sunny days are here again, right? OK… OK… here are some headlines and news from the city of Boston.
* Baltimore jumped out to a 2-0 lead after two innings, and never looked back, as their lead ballooned into a 4-1 victory on Tuesday evening against Boston. Kevin Youkilis hit his third home run of the season, along with his 10th RBI, while Adrian Gonzalez registered one hit.
* According to reports — Cody Ross could miss six to eight weeks with a fractured bone in his left foot. Ross injured his foot last Friday after he fouled a ball off his foot, and is now the seventh Sox outfielder to be placed on the disabled list.
* Boston will attempt to close out their second round series with the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday at 8PM. The Celtics currently lead the series, 3-2.
* Philadelphia is 4-0 this postseason after a loss, and 4-1 at home. There only loss at the Wells Fargo Center came against Boston in Game No. 3 of this particular Eastern Conference series.
* Finally, former UMass men’s ice hockey goaltender Jonathan Quick recorded 38 saves in a span of 77:42 on Tuesday for Los Angles, which helped the Kings eliminate the Phoenix Coyotes from the NHL Western Conference Finals.