By Matt Noonan
Thursday’s preseason match between the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints is officially in the books, as the Pats earned a 7-6 victory. New England will return to the gridiron in 10 days when they host the Philadelphia Eagles, but before that particular kick-off, here are some links/stories from their one-point victory.
* ESPNBoston’s Mike Reiss provides an interesting analysis on the game with a few good, bad and ugly moments.
* The Boston Globe’s Shalise Manza Young crafted a piece about Dane Fletcher, who apparently tore his ACL on special teams.
* In case you’re looking for the AP recap — NFL.com has it on their website.
* The Metro West Daily News has an interesting take on the Patriots first preseason game, as well as the play of Tom Brady, too.
* In Friday’s Boston Herald, Jeff Howe wrote about the Patriots defense, which only surrendered two field goals in a span of 60 minutes. Also, Karen Guregian provides an interesting take on Brandon Lloyd‘s first game.