The Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) unveiled their weekly poll on Monday and a few local teams earned spots on the Division I, II and III polls.
* UMass (11-2, 3-0 A-10) - The Massachusetts women’s lacrosse team has been on fire over these past few weeks and is coming off a 10-9 win against George Washington. UMass remains the 13th best team in the country for the second week in a row and will return to the grass on Friday when they host Temple at 4 p.m.
* Boston College (6-6, 3-2 ACC) - The Eagles earned a spot on this week’s poll as the 19th best team in the country. BC has won its last two Atlantic Coast Conference matches against Duke and Virginia, which evened their record. Mikaela Rix earned WomenLax.com’s Player of the Week honors following a four-goal performance against the Blue Devils.
* Stonehill College (7-4, 6-2 NE-10) - The Skyhawks slipped from ninth to 11th this week following an 18-9 loss to Le Moyne. Stonehill will return to the grass this evening when they host No. 12 Bentley University in a big conference match.
* Bentley University (6-3, 4-1 NE-10) - The Falcons, who’re ranked 12th for the second week in a row, soared past the Owls last weekend for their sixth win of the season. On Monday, Ally Dorman was named NE-10 Goalkeeper of the Week, which included two back-to-back wins.
* Amherst College (6-3, 3-3 NESCAC) - For the second week in a row, the Lord Jeffs check in as the 10th best team in the land. However, their five-game winning streak ended on Saturday against No. 3 Middlebury, who hasn’t lost a game this season. The Purple and White will attempt to rebound against Connecticut College on Wednesday.
* Tufts University (5-4, 2-4 NESCAC) – The Jumbos slipped one spot from 16 to 17 after sustaining a 15-8 loss to Middlebury. Tufts will be at home on Thursday when they welcome Wheaton College to Medford for an important non-conference tilt.