Happy Thursday everyone! It’s supposed to be another great day, and while we anxiously await for the warm weather to arrive, let’s kick-start the day with some headlines and news from the Hub!
* The Boston Celtics won their 30th division crown on Wednesday, as they defeated the Orlando Magic, 102-98. Paul Pierce led all scorers with 29 points, while Brandon Bass added 21 points and Avery Bradley recorded 23 points. Pierce also recorded a career-high in assists, as he finished the contest with 14 dimes.
* Boston currently remains three and a half games ahead New York in the Atlantic Division, and fourth in the Eastern Conference. The Celtics will attempt to earn their 38th win of the season on Friday when they travel to Atlanta to face the Hawks.
* The Boston Bruins will attempt to earn their third win against Washington on Thursday, as Game No. 4 of this particular Eastern Conference quarterfinals is slated to begin at 7:30pm.
* Washington’s head coach Dale Hunter accused Boston on Tuesday for being “head hunters,” but Bruins head coach Claude Julien responded by saying, “we just gotta focus on what we have to do to win a series, and win a game.”
* The Boston Red Sox up and down home stand continued on Wednesday, as the Texas Rangers concluded their two-game series with a 6-3 win. The Sox earned a 2-0 lead in the bottom half of the second inning, but couldn’t preserve it, as the Rangers managed to earn the lead for good in the fourth inning with a Mike Napoli two-run shot.
* Against the Rangers on Wednesday, Josh Beckett pitched seven innings and surrendered seven hits, three runs, and one home run, while Derek Holland earned his second win of the season — he yielded two earned runs over seven innings.
* The Red Sox will return to the diamond on Friday when they host the New York Yankees.