Happy Friday to everyone, and welcome into another grand-slam edition of the Daily Noontime! We’ve got some news, updates and headlines, so let’s get rolling!
* The Boston Bruins earned their 40th win of the season on Thursday when they defeated the Buffalo Sabres, 3-1. Gregory Campbell, Johnny Boychuk and David Krejci all scored goals, while Tim Thomas deflected 19 shots. The Bruins have now won back-to-back games for the first time since January, and will return to the ice on Saturday when they host the Washington Capitals at 1:00pm.
* The Boston Celtics will look to snap their one-game skid on Friday when they host the Portland Trailblazers at 7:30pm. The Green and White are currently clinging to the seventh spot in the Eastern Conference, and would probably play against Chicago or Miami in the playoffs. However, there is still a decent amount of time remaining before the tournament begins, right?
* According to reports – former Boston Celtics guard-forward Gerald Green inked his name on a 10-day contract with the New Jersey Nets on Thursday.
* The Boston College Eagles men’s basketball team didn’t exactly recover from a slow start on Thursday during their first ACC tournament game, as North Carolina State handed them a 78-57 loss.
* Finally, the Providence College men’s ice hockey team shocked University of Massachusetts (Lowell) on Thursday in Game 1 of the Hockey East quarterfinals, 5-3.