The summertime can be a rather quiet period, especially in the college sports world. However, thanks to our friends from the various D3Sports websites, we’ve decided to compile a few links of press releases and news from the past week, which you may have missed.
Here are some links pertaining toward the various New England Div. III conferences:
* UMass Boston junior Reyn Johnson has something to look forward to after the upcoming 2012-13 school year. The midfielder from Guam will represent his home country as part of the 18-player squad that will compete at the 2013 East Asian Cup in South Korea
* Colby College announced on Thursday that Matt Hanold, who spent the past four seasons with the University of Buffalo, was named as an assistant coach for the Mules football team.
* The NEWMAC reported on Tuesday that MIT and Springfield College women’s volleyball teams were cited for academic success by the American Volleyball Coaches Association.
* Nichols College’s Steve Carella, who is a tennis player, was recently featured on page 19 of the Summer 2012 edition of NCAA Champion magazine.
* Fitchburg State announced on Wednesday the hiring of the baseball program’s 10th head coach, Keith Brouillard.
* The Westfield State athletic department announced on Wednesday the resignation of men’s soccer coach Matt Noyes, and promotion of assistant John Edwards, who will lead the Owls this season.
* The Little East announced on Tuesday its Inaugural Hall of Fame Class, which features five athletic administrators, four former student-athletes, and two coaches.