It’s Thursday, which means… the weekend is almost here, wahoo! Here’s the most recent edition of the Daily Noontime, enjoy!
* Jacksonville Jaguars General Manager Gene Smith recently turned down a contract extension, which possibly means the organization could “clean house” once the season concludes on January 1, 2012.
* The Boston Red Sox managerial search continues, but according to recent repots – former third base coach Dale Sveum appears to be a possible favorite.
* Due to an increasing amount of concussions in football, the NFL has apparently decided to educate their referees on various symptoms, so they’ll be aware of future head injuries.
* Sports Illustrated confirmed on Wednesday evening that the Chicago Cubs fired manager Mike Quade.
* University of Georgia’s football team will be without leading rusher Isaiah Crowell Saturday against New Mexico State , who was suspended for failing a recent drug test.
* Tampa Bay Lightning’s Brett Connolly recently scored his first goal of the 2011-12 season, and it was felt around the world.
Games to Watch:
* New Jersey at Philadelphia (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Florida State at Boston College (NCAA Football) – 8:00pm eastern
* Pittsburgh at San Jose (NHL) – 10:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
This is rather cool – shattering a goal camera!