Happy Groundhog Day and according to our new best friend, Punxsutawney Phil, the United States of America should expect an early spring! That is awesome, especially since the entire country has dealt with global warming and … well enough of my political rant, here is your Daily Noontime for February 2, 2011!
* Boston Celtics center Shaquille O’Neal is clearly enjoying his time with the Green and White, but realizes that his time to end his NBA career will happen sooner rather than later.
* New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has won yet another AP Offensive Player award for his epic 2010 performance.
* Mother Nature put a damper on various travel plans for multiple professional teams on Tuesday and it can only get worse on Wednesday!
* Mississippi stunned #10 University of Kentucky on Tuesday during the final few seconds to secure the 71-69 victory.
* Former Los Angles Lakers great, Magic Johnson believes that his old team needs to make a deal to remain in contention for yet another NBA banner in June.
* Did you ever wonder what exactly the “G” stands for on the Green Bay Packers helmet?
Games to Watch:
* Dallas at New York Knicks (NBA) – 7:30pm eastern
* New Orleans at Oklahoma City (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* Portland at Denver (NBA) – 9:00pm eastern
* Los Angles Kings at Edmonton (NHL) – 9:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Are you excited for the Super Bowl ads this year? Do you think they’ll be good? Here is a sneak peak at some great ones to come!