It’s… FRIDAY! Happy weekend to everyone and of course, here’s the Daily Noontime for September 23, 2011!
* Friday marks the final regular series meeting between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees. However, while the Yankees have clinched the American League East division, the Sox are hoping their recent losing skid will end in the Bronx, so they can earn a spot in the MLB postseason.
* According to multiple reports, the MLB won’t allow Manny Ramirez to play baseball in the Dominican Republic.
* President Barack Obama has decided to honor the 1985 Chicago Bears at the White House later this year, although former head coach Mike Ditka admitted that he’s sorry Walter Payton won’t be there to celebrate their achievements.
* Similarly to the Red Sox, the Atlanta Braves National League Wild Card lead has diminished and as of Friday, they’re losing skid could tarnish their final six games of the season.
* On Thursday evening, Jimmer Fredette put on a show at his former stomping grounds of BYU against other highly touted rookies, as well as helped his team win, 140-126.
* According to multiple reports, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo‘s lungs have healed, which is certainly a good sign.
Games to Watch:
* Boston at New York Yankees (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Atlanta at Washington (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Toronto at Tampa Bay (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* UCF at Brigham Young (NCAA Football) – 8:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Hockey season is right around the corner, which means … time to pick up a copy of NHL 12, right?