Happy Friday y’all and welcome into a pre-weekend edition of the Daily Noontime! Here’s the day’s news and notes, and also, make sure to watch Game 7 of the World Series – promises to be a great one!
* The St. Louis Cardinals rallied during the final few innings of Game 6, and beat Texas, 10-9.
* Cardinals hometown “kid,” David Freese was the hero against the Rangers, and you can bet he was quite content afterward.
* According to multiple reports – the NBA is close to bringing their lockout to an end, and apparently a new deal is insight.
* On Thursday, the NCAA announced that they’ll pay student athletes $2,000 in the future, but is that a good or bad thing?
* In a recent USA Today article, Washington Redskins tight end Chris Cooley admitted that he was a “casualty of the NFL lockout.”
* According to ProFootballTalk.com – Randy Moss remains available for various NFL teams.
Games to Watch:
* San Jose at Detroit (NHL) – 7:30pm eastern
* Texas at St. Louis (MLB/World Series/ Game 7) – 8:05pm eastern
Video of the Day:
These Rangers will have to wait another day for this chant!