Well, it is officially Wednesday, “Hump Day,” so let’s all keep on going and not look back. A brand new weekend is in front of us and while we think about our plans for the first October weekend, let’s just all have a great day and enjoy today’s Daily Noontime!
* Cincinnati Reds outfielder, Jay Bruce was the hero on Tuesday as his ninth inning home run helped his team clinch the NL Central for the first time in 15 seasons.
* New York Yankees pitcher CC Sabathia earned his 21st victory of the season, as well as helped his team clinch a postseason birth for the 15th time in 16 seasons.
* Boston Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek wants to keep playing baseball, despite being 38-years old, but for some reason he feels as if he won’t be playing in Boston next spring.
* Boston Celtics forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis is certainly not acting his age, especially since he seems dumbfounded and can’t seem to understand his role on the team too.
* The NFL is now investigating an event that occurred on Monday following the Green Bay Packers loss to the Chicago Bears. Safety Nick Collins and a fan had a confrontation, which apparently seemed rather colorful.
* Miami Heat guard/forward, LeBron James, the “King,” is apparently adjusting well in South Beach.
* The Ottawa Senator and Buffalo Sabres were greeted with a warm fan reaction by not just any typical fans, but instead, lots of children!
* Dallas Cowboys rookie wide receiver Dez Bryant returned his training camp favor of not carrying Roy E. Williams pads, but instead, he picked up a $54,896 dinner tab.
Games to Watch:
* Florida at Atlanta (MLB) – 4:35pm eastern
* Washington at Boston (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Detroit at New York Rangers (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Arizona at San Francisco (MLB) – 10:15pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Do you know any high school quarterback who can leap or even, jump this high? Check this video out my friends!