Welcome to another edition of the Noontime Sports Football podcast hosted by Matt Noonan. Noonan spent some time talking about the Dallas Cowboys, as well as how the team will do following a 6-8 week absence of quarterback Tony Romo and if Jon Kitna can steer the ‘Boys away from losing any more games this season. Also, Noonan talks about the winless Buffalo Bills, should Brett Favre play Sunday against the New England Patriots, as well as pick the week 8 winners.
Good morning and welcome to Noontime Sports on October 29, 2010! It is friday, which means that the weekend is here. Have a great weekend, as well as Happy Halloween too!
* The San Francisco Giants are two games away from winning their first World Series in the Bay Area.
* Former San Francisco Giant, Barry Bonds, wants to be the hitting coaching.
* Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic is now producing music for young children.
* Apparently Albert Haynesworth is simply happy to not be starting for the Washington Redskins.
* Yet again, the NFL will have a few teams that won’t be able to have their home games broadcasted locally. The Detroit Lions and San Diego Chargers are blacked out this weekend.
* The Duke Blue Devils are ranked first overall in the AP poll for college basketball.
* Take a look at Peter King‘s NFL week 8 picks and see if he chose your team to win this weekend.
* Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress seems likely to hold Brett Favre out for Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots.
Games to Watch this Weekend:
* Philadelphia at Pittsburgh (NHL) (Friday) – 7:00pm eastern
* Orlando at Miami (NBA) (Friday) – 8:00pm eastern
* L.A. Lakers at Phoenix (NBA) (Friday) – 10:30pm eastern
* #5 Michigan State at #18 Iowa (NCAA FB) (Saturday) – 3:30pm eastern
* #6 Missouri at #14 Nebraska (NCAA FB) (Saturday) – 3:30pm eastern
* Texas at San Francisco (MLB – World Series) (Saturday) – 6:57pm eastern
* #2 Oregon at USC (NCAA FB) (Saturday) – 8:00pm eastern
* Denver at Houston (NBA) (Saturday) – 8:30pm eastern
* Green Bay at New York Jets (NFL) (Sunday) – 1:00pm eastern
* Minnesota at New England (NFL) (Sunday) – 4:15pm eastern
* Texas at San Francisco (MLB – World Series) – 7:57pm eastern
* Pittsburgh at New Orleans (NFL) (Sunday) – 8:20pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Enjoy this interesting CBS talk show regarding Brett Favre and his text messages.
Chris Wassel from Inside Hockey, New Jersey Examiner.com and The Program, joined Noontime Sports the Podcast on Thursday October 28, 2010, to talk about the current NHL season thus far, as well as mention a few surprises that have occurred this season.
Sean Glennon, the author of Game Changers – The Greatest Plays in New England Patriots History joined Noontime Sports the Podcast on Thursday October 28, 2010, to talk about his book, as well as discuss a few critical moments in the franchises history.
Good Morning everybody! Welcome to Noontime Sports and lets get you up to speed with today’s news, scores and more! Here is our Daily Noontime for October 28, 2010, have a fantastic and terrific day!
* The San Francisco Giants earned their first victory in the 2010 World Series against the Texas Rangers on Wednesday, winning 11-7.
* The Associated Press reported that a student who filmed Notre Dame football practices died when the tower collapsed.
* The Miami Heat finally… that is correct, finally have won a NBA game. Dwyane Wade was the spark in their first victory against the Philadelphia 76ers, 97-87.
* So don’t expect Boston Celtics Rajon Rondo to be sporting a headband for the next few weeks, due to the NBA who has made it a rule to not wear headbands upside down.
* The Minnesota Vikings may not be a happy family these days as head coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre is up and down.
* New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan has given his thoughts on whether the 2009 defensive award went to the right player.
* The Cleveland Cavaliers may actually enjoy a season without LeBron James and be able to play team basketball.
Games to Watch:
* Toronto at Boston (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* #16 Florida State at North Carolina State (NCAA FB) – 7:30pm eastern
* Texas at San Francisco (MLB World Series) – 7:57pm eastern
* Washington at Orlando (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Here is a great video that takes a shot at LeBron James‘s new Nike commercial.