Daily Noontime – October 4, 2010
Well, it is officially a brand new week and Noontime Sports is here to kick it off right with our… (drumroll please)… Daily Noontime for Monday October 4, 2010! Have an awesome and fantastic day, as well as root root for the New England Patriots to squish the fish (a.k.a. Miami Dolphins).
* Jacksonville Jaguars kicker Josh Scobee was the hero with seconds remaining in Sunday’s game, as his team defeated the heavily favored Indianapolis Colts.
* It was quite the homecoming for Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb who led his new team to victory in Philadelphia against his former squad.
* The MLB season is officially over for some teams, but for the Boston Red Sox, who were disqualified from the playoffs this past week are going to do their best to entertain/keep Adrian Beltre, Victor Martinez and David Ortiz for the 2011 season.
* The San Francisco Giants have officially claimed the NL West title, congrats to all those living in the city by the bay.
* The New York Giants gave Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler a concussion, but also, gave the squad their first loss of the 2010 season.
* The New York Yankees and Minnesota Twins will do battle in round one of the 2010 MLB playoffs, but don’t count out the Twins who would like to avenge past playoff losses to the Bronx Bombers.
* The various NBA teams in Europe have decided to continue playing their exhibition schedule, despite terrorism threats and concerns.
* The Anaheim “Mighty” Ducks have officially announced that their 25-year old center Ryan Getzlaf was named a captain.
Games to Watch:
* Los Angles Lakers at Minnesota (NBA) – 3:00pm eastern
* New England at Miami (NFL) – 8:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Want some more football and need it before Monday Night Football? Check out this awesome video of a 51-yard touchdown run, it is awesome!