Happy “Hump Day” has they say when Wednesday rolls around. It is officially the middle of the week, which means the weekend is slowly upon us, so get excited. In the meantime, here is our Daily Noontime for October 20, 2010.
* The Texas Rangers hold a commanding 3-1 lead in the American League Championship Series and have a chance to send the New York Yankees packing on Wednesday.
* The New York Yankees, despite being down, three games to one, will have “rally without injured (Mark) Teixeira.”
* The San Francisco Giants hold a 2-1 lead over the Philadelphia Phillies, following a Matt Cain pitching performance.
* Want a picture of Pittsburgh Steelers James Harrison and his violent head-to-head hit? Well guess what, you certain can get one!
* Oddsmakers are already jumping ship from the Dallas Cowboys, but owner Jerry Jones still believes in his teams chances to make the playoffs.
* The NBA has banned a certain pair of shoes that could make players jump way too high.
* Indianapolis Colts punter Pat McAfee was arrested on Tuesday. He was “reportedly took a predawn swim in a canal in a nightlife district.”
* Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers is cancer free following his biopsy on Sunday.
Games to Watch:
* Texas at New York Yankees (MLB Playoffs) – 4:07pm eastern
* Buffalo at Atlanta (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Philadelphia at San Francisco (MLB Playoffs) – 7:57pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Was this actually a home run or fan interference? You decide!