Well, it is hard to believe that it is officially Wednesday, which means it is “Hump Day.” The new week is flying by here at Noontime Sports, but don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Here is your Daily Noontime for October 27, 2010, have an awesome day!
* The Boston Celtics kicked off their season with a win over the highly talented Miami Heat on Tuesday and it seemed like LeBron James once again could not figure out a way to stop the men dressed in green and white.
* David Stern seems to still believe that the NBA referees will continue to crack down on whining and complaining.
* In case you are worried, here are the umpires for the World Series between the San Francisco Giants and Texas Rangers.
* Troy Smith will make his first start for the San Francisco 49ers due to quarterback Alex Smith‘s injury, which will sideline him for two to three weeks.
* Could Manny Ramirez become a member of the Toronto Blue Jays? It is possible!
* The New York Mets have hired Sandy Alderson to be their general manager.
* #2 Boise State beat up Louisiana Tech on Tuesday, 49-20. This win marks their 21st in a row, which is not that bad, eh?
Games to Watch:
* Texas at San Francisco (MLB World Series) – 7:57pm eastern
* Chicago at Oklahoma City (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* Utah at Denver (NBA) – 9:00pm eastern
Video to Watch:
It was great to see the Miami Heat lose, so here is a recap of their first regular season game against the Boston Celtics.