Daily Noontime – January 5, 2011
Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to the Daily Noontime for January 5, 2011. What a day or should we say, hey… this is going to be a fun day? Does that sound silly? Either way, have a great day and here is your Daily Noontime!
* Two great teams and one big game on Wednesday, which will be played in Boston, as the Celtics welcome the NBA’s best [29-5] San Antonio Spurs to the T.D. Garden.
* Nothing has been reported about a possible firing of the University of Michigan’s football head coach, Rich Rodriguez.
* The Ohio State Buckeyes took the lead early and survived a late Arkansas comeback to win the Sugar Bowl Tuesday, 31-26.
* A former member of the 1986 Boston Red Sox, Bill Buckner, has agreed to manage the Brockton Rox for their upcoming 2011 CanAm League season.
* The Miami Heat keep on rolling, as they knocked off the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday to earn win number 19 out of 20 games.
* The Houston Texans have decided to improve their defense for the 2011 season, which meant hiring former Dallas Cowboys head coach, Wade Phillips.
* Former Denver Broncos and two time Super Bowl winner John Elway, has been hired by the organizations front office to make changes, but can he turn a terrible squad into winners? We shall see.
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at Pittsburgh (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Atlanta at Florida (NHL) – 7:30pm eastern
* San Antonio at Boston (NBA) – 7:30pm eastern
* Atlanta at Utah (NBA) – 9:00pm eastern
* LA Lakers at Phoenix (NBA) – 10:30pm eastern
Videos to Watch:
It is good to have Bill Buckner back in Boston!