Daily Noontime – January 12, 2011
Happy Wednesday and for all of us in the Northeast, Happy Snow Day! While the weather outside is frightful, Noontime Sports will be just delightful by warming everyone up with our Daily Noontime for Wednesday January 12, 2011, so enjoy!
* It may be unlikely, but could former Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace really be on his way back to Boston? We will find out!
* New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has now decided to forget his teams first round playoff loss to the Seattle Seahawks and decided to focus on the NFL’s CBA.
* It is official, the Carolina Panthers have named former San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera their new head coach.
* MLB closer Trevor Hoffman has officially decided to hang up his cleats and retire, boy will he missed!
* The commissioner of the MLB, Bud Selig, has confirmed that there won’t be an expanded playoff system in 2011.
* Despite being not allowed at the BCS National Championship, Cecil Newton was in attendance for the game Monday to watch Cam Newton lead the Auburn Tigers to victory.
* LeBron James decided that it was necessary to use Twitter to tweet something awful about his former team, the Cleveland Cavaliers on Tuesday when they were losing badly to the L.A. Lakers.
Games to Watch:
* Pittsburgh at Montreal (NHL) – 7:30pm eastern
* Washington at Tampa Bay (NHL) – 7:30pm eastern
* Orlando at New Orleans (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* New York Knicks at Utah (NBA) – 9:00pm eastern
Video to Watch:
Boy sports anchoring can be tough, especially when you have a closer like Trevor Hoffman.