Daily Noontime – January 21, 2011
Well, apparently the Northeast today decided to have yet another snow storm, which is so not cool, but it doesn’t mean that we won’t be able to bring everyone the Daily Noontime, so pull up a chair, grab a coffee and enjoy Friday’s headlines and games to watch!
* Mark Sanchez is on the verge of NFL history because if he beats the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday, he will lead all quarterbacks with road victories in the playoffs and the crazy part, he is only 24-years old.
* Could the New York Jets be the next, “America’s Team” in the NFL with two more wins?
* The New England Patriots and their fan-base can breathe easier now because apparently Tom Brady has undergone surgery on his right foot.
* At the Australian Open, Venus Williams has retired from the tournament due to what seems to be an injury.
* Any chance that the New York Knicks could pursue Carmelo Anthony now, especially after losing a few games?
* While the NFL could be without a season come September, so too could the NBA, as talks about a new labor agreement have gone nowhere.
* The Chicago Bears are technically ready for another championship “party,” but they do have a rather heavy task to take on, which involves the Green Bay Packers on Sunday!
Games to Watch:
* New Orleans at Atlanta (NBA) – 7:30pm eastern
* Utah at Boston (NBA) – 7:30pm eastern
* New York Knicks at San Antonio (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* Dallas at Calgary (NBA) – 9:00pm eastern
* LA Lakers at Denver (NBA) – 10:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Apparently the “Big Shamrock” likes to do more than rebound, he likes to cuddle too!