Daily Noontime – February 4, 2011
Welcome to Friday everyone, the weekend is here! Despite all the cold weather, snow and rain, Noontime Sports is here to deliver our Daily Noontime for February 4, 2011, so without further ado, have an awesome day and great weekend!
* With the Super Bowl ready to be played on Sunday, it is time for some picks, so here is one , but who did they pick, the Green Bay Packers or Pittsburgh Steelers?
* Due to loads of NFL fans flocking to Dallas, Texas, for the Super Bowl, extra security will be needed to keep everyone safe!
* The Miami Heat will be represented at the NBA All-Star game this year in Los Angles, California. In fact, the “Big Three” will all be there, so get excited to see Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James play with the Eastern Conference All-Stars.
* The NCAA National Signing day is over, its done, but apparently Floyd Raven‘s mother helped her son by forging his signature, whoops!
* The NFL Union continues to struggle with agreeing toward a new CBA, but after a meeting yesterday with DeMaurice Smith it certainly seems uncertain if there will be football come September.
* The Los Angles Lakers continued their struggles on Thursday when they lost to the San Antonio Spurs at the buzzer.
* The NBA has fined the New York Knicks $200,000 for an illegal “draft workout.”
* It is time to reflect on New York Yankees pitcher Andy Pettitte who plans to retire from the MLB on Friday.
Games to Watch:
* Buffalo at Pittsburgh (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Los Angles Clippers at Atlanta (NBA) – 7:30pm eastern
* Dallas at Boston (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* Chicago at Vancouver (NHL) – 10:00pm eastern
* Utah at Denver (NBA) – 10:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
It just seems right that Texas hosts a Super Bowl, despite the cold weather!