Daily Noontime – February 8, 2011
Besides it being a Tuesday, we can still say, this month is flying by, right? Whatever, agree or disagree, February is slowly approaching the mid-way point. So, have a wonderful day and welcome to the Daily Noontime!
* After an exciting Super Bowl victory, the Green Bay Packers have decided that now its time to extend contracts to the general manager Ted Thompson and head coach Mike McCarthy.
* Dallas Cowboys owner, Jerry Jones had to make a few apologies or at least has now owned up to the Super Bowl seats issues.
* Boston Celtics guard Ray Allen scored 25-points on Monday, but was unsuccessful at making the big 3-pointers down the stretch, as he and his team lost to the Charlotte Bobcats, 94-89.
* Carmelo Anthony scored 50-points on Monday, but the Houston Rockets had no problem and handed the Denver Nuggets their 22nd loss of the season.
* New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton is planning to move his family to a suburb near Dallas, but will that make his team happy?
* Texas Rangers infielder, Michael Young wants to be traded from the Texas Rangers according to sources, but where exactly will he land a new job?
* University of Georgia running back Washaun Ealey was suspended Monday and it doesn’t sound good.
* A former Kiwi softball player, Te Wera has officially signed with the Boston Red Sox, but will he make the team? We’ll find that out soon!
Games to Watch:
* Los Angles Clippers at Orlando (NBA) – 7:00pm eastern
* Carolina at New Jersey (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* San Jose at Washington (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Buffalo at Tampa Bay (NHL) – 7:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
So the Green Bay Packers did win the Super Bowl and this young fan had to sign his version of “Green and Yellow!”