Yet another week is coming to a close, hard to believe. Welcome to another Thursday in paradise, yes, paradise and well, we have some interesting stories and headlines, so without further ado, here’s the Daily Noontime for February 17, 2011.
* New England Patriots offensive lineman Matt Light wants to play next season, but after some of his recent comments, he seems to be unsure, especially as a player representative if there will be a season in September.
* The Boston Bruins made a deal that helped them acquire Chris Kelly from the Ottawa Senators, but is that all they need currently?
* Hard to believe, but besides the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys, Real Madrid is a highly expensive and earning sports team.
* Are the New Jersey Nets really serious about acquiring Carmelo Anthony? Seems they are back in the “trade talks.”
* The Los Angles Lakers are struggling, but so are the Cleveland Cavaliers, although on Wednesday, the Cavs knocked off Kobe Bryant and his teammates, 104-99.
* The Toronto Blue Jays and Jose Bautista reached an agreement for a new contract worth $65 million.
* Is there a slight chance that the St. Louis Cardinals could consider trading Albert Pujols? A report from Boston says it would possibly be a good acquisition for the Red Sox.
* Should Donald Trump step in and save the New York Mets organization, especially because Bernie Madeoff was so helpful!
Games to Watch:
* Boston at New York Islanders (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* Los Angles Kings at New York Rangers (NHL) – 7:00pm eastern
* San Antonio at Chicago (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* Dallas at Phoenix (NBA) – 10:30pm eastern
* Washington at San Jose (NHL) – 10:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Get your dunk ideas in for Mr. Blake Griffin