Daily Noontime – April 8, 2011
Happy Friday to everyone and welcome into yet another Daily Noontime. It is Opening Day here in Boston, as the Red Sox welcome the New York Yankees to town, so get excited fans! In the meantime, sit back, relax and enjoy today’s news and headlines.
* The MLB season has just begun, but Boston Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia is already looking forward to the end of the year, so he can have surgery on his left foot.
* Barring an epic collapse, which could happen, the Chicago Bulls will indeed be the top seed in the Eastern Conference.
* The NFL may want to consider returning to the bargaining table because otherwise things will remain the way they are currently.
* Sad news hit the NHL on Thursday, as EJ McGuire past away. McGuire, who was battling cancer was the Vice President of Central Scouting.
* Don’t count out those Baltimore Orioles, who rallied on Thursday to get past the Detroit Tigers, 9-5.
* Rory McIlroy currently is the leader at the Masters, but how much longer will that last?
Games to Watch:
* New York Yankees at Boston (MLB) – 2:05pm eastern
* Texas at Baltimore (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Philadelphia at Buffalo (NHL) – 7:30pm eastern
* Phoenix at New Orleans (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
* Denver at Oklahoma City (NBA) – 8:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Nothing like a flyover on Opening Day, right? Especially at Fenway Park!