Daily Noontime – April 20, 2011
Happy Wednesday! We apologize for no DAILY NOONTIME on Tuesday, but we are back and ready to provide today’s news and headlines, along with an awesome video of the day!
* The NFL released it’s 2011 season, but due to the current lockout, what exactly does it all mean?
* Carmelo Anthony recorded 42 points, but it just wasn’t enough, as the New York Knicks lost to the Boston Celtics in Game 2 of the NBA playoffs on Tuesday.
* Besides the play of Anthony against the Celtics, Boston was dazzled by the performance of Rajon Rondo, who led his team with 30 points.
* San Francisco’s Brian Wilson has a certain pitch that amazes batters and fans.
* The Chicago Blackhawks live another day, as the Hawks beat the Canucks for the first time in the 2011 NHL Stanley Cup playoffs.
* Believe it or not, Los Angles Lakers forward Lamar Odom has won the “sixth man of the year” award.
Games to Watch:
* Washington at New York Rangers (NHL Playoffs) – 7:00pm eastern
* Minnesota at Baltimore (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Philadelphia at Buffalo (NHL Playoffs) – 7:30pm eastern
* Cleveland at Kansas City (MLB) – 8:10pm eastern
* Memphis at San Antonio (NBA Playoffs) – 8:30pm eastern
* New Orleans at Los Angles Lakers (NBA Playoffs) – 10:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
The New York Knicks considered this season a “start of a new era,” but currently, trailing Boston, two games to zero, things are not looking good in Manhattan!