Daily Noontime – April 26, 2011
Happy Tuesday to everyone and welcome to yet another Daily Noontime in April! Despite the awful weather across America, let’s brighten the mood with today’s headlines and news, so enjoy!
* US District Court Judge Susan Richard Nelson lifted the NFL lockout and ruled in favor of the players, but what exactly will the owners do next? Will there actually be a season?
* It was yet another exciting chapter of Dallas-Portland series, but in the end, the Mavericks earned their third win of the series, but can they win Game 6 on Thursday and officially end the series against the Trail Blazers?
* Could the Memphis Grizzlies upset the number one seed in the Western Conference? Could happen, especially since they lead the series, 3-1.
* Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara was nominated as a Norris Trophy Finalist Tuesday. Chara last won the trophy in ’09.
* The Ohio State University football team is in more trouble with the NCAA, but exactly, why? Here is the answer!
* Philadelphia Eagles quarter Michael Vick has called out the Android company, so that they can get rid of their dog fighting application for smart phones.
Games to Watch:
* Boston at Montreal (NHL Playoffs) – 7:00pm eastern
* Buffalo at Philadelphia (NHL Playoffs) – 7:30pm eastern
* Atlanta at Orlando (NBA Playoffs) – 7:30pm eastern
* Indiana at Chicago Bulls (NBA Playoffs) – 8:00pm eastern
* Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver (NHL Playoffs) – 10:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Anyone have some thoughts on the Memphis Grizzlies PA Announcer? He seems a little too wild, but hey, what do we know!