Daily Noontime – May 5, 2011
It’s officially Thursday, which means the weekend is upon us, but in the meantime, allow us to hand out today’s news, headlines and of course, video of the day!
* The NFL Lockout continues, but incase you don’t exactly know what’s been going on the past few months, check out this quality breakdown.
* Yes, the New Orleans Hornets have been eliminated from the postseason, but going forward the team is going to make sure to build around their centerpiece, Chris Paul.
* Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward was “cuffed at gunpoint” because he and a friend stole a car.
* The Tampa Bay Lightning needed only four games, as they officially swept the Washington Capitals on Wednesday.
Games to Watch:
* San Francisco at New York Mets (MLB) – 1:10pm eastern
* Los Angles of Anaheim Angels at Boston (MLB) -1:35pm eastern
* Washington at Philadelphia (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Vancouver at Nashville (NHL Playoffs) – 8:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
You should never do this, but watching some intoxicated fool run on the field at Fenway Park is always enjoyable!