Daily Noontime – May 6, 2011
Top of the morning to everyone and welcome to Friday’s Daily Noontime in May! Have a great weekend and to get things started, here is today’s headlines and news!
* The NFL Network has made a change for their 2011 season, which is that Brad Nessler and Mike Mayock will announce “Thursday Night Football.”
* Former Miami Dolphins head coach Don Shula is upset that Bill Parcells bailed on his former team this past offseason.
* For some reason LeBron James thinks Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo is “a lot like Barry Sanders.” That’s a weird observation, right?
* After many years on the job, Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams has decided to retire and leave the college hoop scene.
* The Los Angles Lakers will be without Ron Artest for Game 3 against the Dallas Mavericks, which makes all of us at Noontime Sports wonder, who will fill the “void?”
* Tampa Bay has punched their ticket to the NHL Eastern Conference Finals, but really, who was responsible for this run? Possibly, their head coach, Guy Boucher.
Games to Watch:
* Chicago Bulls at Atlanta (NBA Playoffs) – 7:00pm eastern
* San Jose at Detroit (NHL Playoffs) – 7:00pm eastern
* Philadelphia at Boston (NHL Playoffs) – 8:00pm eastern
* Los Angles Lakers at Dallas (NBA PLayoffs) – 9:30pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Sometimes, songs or commercials get stuck in one’s head like this one!