Well, believe it or not, but it’s Thursday and that means a brand new weekend is upon us, so get excited. In the meantime, here is today’s biggest headlines and news, so enjoy!
* Well, the Oklahoma City Thunder earned another win against the Memphis Grizzlies on Wednesday and yes, Kendrick Perkins had something to say about it.
* LeBron James admitted to his Cleveland Cavaliers fans that moving to Miami was the only way he was going to beat Boston in the playoffs and well, it happened, as the Heat closed out the series on Wednesday with a 97-87 victory.
* According to sources, Los Angles Lakers head coach Phil Jackson is planning to retire from the NBA.
* Apparently, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen has learned that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell expects the NFL to not shutdown, despite the ongoing lockout. Yet, haven’t we heard this before?
* The Boston Celtics lost to the Miami Heat in the Eastern Conference semi-finals, but Doc Rivers admitted after the game that he’s considering coming back for possibly another season.
* If there is a NFL season, Kevin Kolb may actually get a starting job with the Arizona Cardinals.
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at Cleveland (MLB) – 12:05pm eastern
* St. Louis at Chicago Cubs (MLB) – 2:20pm eastern
* Kansas City at New York Yankees (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Chicago Bulls at Atlanta (NBA Playoffs) – 8:00pm eastern
* Detroit at San Jose (NHL Playoffs) – 9:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Yes, this is certainly one of those “Top Plays!”