Daily Noontime – May 17, 2011
Happy Tuesday to everyone and yes, we are experiencing some wacky weather, but at least it doesn’t interrupt the Daily Noontime, so sit back, relax and enjoy today’s news and headlines!
* On Monday the Boston Red Sox made a move that affected one of their starting pitchers, John Lackey, who was sent to the 15-Day DL.
* The Seattle Mariners made an interesting move on Monday, as they released outfielder Milton Bradley.
* According to a NFL Network television show, which is counting down 100 influential players for the upcoming 2011 season, the Dallas Cowboys learned on Tuesday that Tony Romo (72) and Jay Ratliff (75) made the cut.
* Dallas and Oklahoma City will play Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals on Tuesday and some wonder if the Mavericks or Thunder could not only win this round, but also the NBA Finals.
* After another meeting, the NFL Lockout will continue and it certainly looks like the owners are getting what they want, no football.
* The MLB watched an important historical moment on Monday, as Kansas City Royals reliever Vin Mazzaro gave up 14 runs to the Cleveland Indians.
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at Boston (NHL Playoffs) – 8:00pm eastern
* Cleveland at Kansas City (MLB) – 8:10pm eastern
* Oklahoma City at Dallas (NBA Playoffs) – 9:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Boy, Chicago is lucky to have a player like Taj Gibson, right?