Daily Noontime – May 18, 2011
It’s officially Wednesday, “hump day,” so hang in there everyone because another weekend is right around the corner! Yet, in the meantime, here is today’s headlines and news, so enjoy!
* Tuesday was an amazing day for Boston Bruins rookie forward Tyler Seguin, who recorded two goals and assists against the Tampa Bay Lightning.
* The Dallas Mavericks and Oklahoma City Thunder played Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals on Tuesday and yes, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 48-points.
* Some good news occurred for the New York Yankees, as they finally ended their six-game losing streak and beat the Tampa Bay Rays.
* While the NFL remains locked out, Dallas Cowboys linebacker Keith Brooking believes things will get sorted out and no games will be missed.
* The Boston Red Sox didn’t play Tuesday due to rain, but they did do something, which was sent Dice-K to the DL.
* Good news for Cleveland Cavaliers fans, they’ll be picking first in the 2011 NBA Draft in June. Heck, I bet this makes up for LeBron James leaving, right?
Games to Watch:
* Colorado at Philadelphia (MLB) – 7:00pm eastern
* New York Yankees at Baltimore (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Texas at Kansas City (MLB) – 8:10pm eastern
* Miami at Chicago (NBA Playoffs) – 8:30pm eastern
* San Jose at Vancouver (NHL Playoffs) – 9:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Nothing like the “hidden ball” trick, especially in a NCAA playoff game against University of North Carolina.