Happy Tuesday to everyone and welcome to the Daily Noontime. We’ve got some great news to share from the sports world, so sit back, relax and enjoy!
* The Cleveland Indians have surprised a great deal of baseball fans this season, but just like they have done earlier this season, they beat the Red Sox on Monday at home, 3-2.
* For the Boston Bruins, the NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs has indeed been exciting, but also incredibly frustrating at times. Yet, why do I say, “frustrating” because that would certainly be the word to describe their power play. However, against the Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference Finals on Monday, the Black and Gold succeeded and earned their third win of the series, as Boston won 3-1.
* It’s not official, but it certainly seems that those die-hards in Winnipeg want the Jets to return to the NHL next season. Will it happen, who knows?
* According to reports, some believe that the NFL players and owners should leave the courtroom and return to the negotiating table, but again, will that happen, who knows?
* Good news for Dallas Cowboys fans, they had 45 veteran players show up for a workout on Monday, but no rookies.
* Before the 2011 MLB season began, the media reported the state of the New York Mets, which was rather awful. Now, more information seems to be available in regards to their financial woes and yes, it’s not good.
Games to Watch:
* Arizona at Colorado (MLB) – 3:05pm eastern
* Boston at Cleveland (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* New York Mets at Chicago Cubs (MLB) – 8:05pm eastern
* Chicago Bulls at Miami (NBA Playoffs) – 8:30pm eastern
* San Jose at Vancouver (NHL Playoffs) – 9:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Guy Boucher is a very intense coach, but in this particular video, we learn how nuts he can be, so watch!