Daily Noontime – Monday June 6, 2011
It’s Monday, which means it’s officially a BRAND NEW week! Welcome to today’s Daily Noontime and of course, here’s our headlines and news, so enjoy!
* After losing Game 2 to the Dallas Mavericks, Miami recovered completely on Sunday, as the Heat won Game 3 of the NBA Finals in the Lone Star State.
* It’s not every day that the French Open committee makes mistakes with their trophies, right? After the women’s finals on Sunday, something embarrassing happened.
* Rafael Nadal did it again, as he won his sixth French Open Final against Roger Federer on Sunday.
* Former New York Giants wide receiver Plaxico Burress will leave jail on Monday and according to some reports, he’ll be a top NFL free-agent once the lockout ends.
* It certainly was an exciting weekend for the St. Louis Cardinals, but really, Albert Pujols, who hit two back-to-back home runs on Saturday and Sunday.
* The NHL Stanley Cup Finals resumes Monday and for one special Canadian soldier overseas, he certainly has enjoyed the Vancouver Canucks run toward their first ever championship.
Games to Watch:
* Los Angles Dodgers at Philadelphia (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Vancouver at Boston (NHL Stanley Cup Finals – Game 3) – 8:00pm eastern
* Detroit at Texas (MLB) – 8:05pm eastern
* Washington at San Francisco (MLB) – 10:15pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Was it funny when Max Lapierre taunted Patrice Bergeron on Saturday?