Daily Noontime – June 17, 2011
Happy Friday to everyone, but also, welcome to yet another weekend in 2011, wahoo! Here’s today’s headlines and news, so enjoy!
* According to some Boston Bruins fans, this particular NHL Stanley Cup championship seems like one BIG DREAM, but really, it happened.
* So, the Vancouver Canucks indeed lost to the Boston Bruins in Game 7, but what exactly did the riots teach hockey fans?
* While it sounds like the NFL is close to a new CBA, some owners apparently are not interested in finishing the deal.
* The Boston Red Sox maybe in first place of the American League East division, but it’s not all sunshine and rainbows for the local nine.
* Finally, the Minnesota Timberwolves and Ricky Rubio are officially on the same page for the upcoming NBA season.
* The Dallas Mavericks championship celebration continued on Thursday, as the squad celebrated with a parade in the Lone Star State.
Games to Watch:
* New York Yankees at Chicago Cubs (MLB) – 2:20pm eastern
* Milwaukee at Boston (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* Texas at Atlanta (MLB) – 7:35pm eastern
* San Francisco at Oakland (MLB) – 10:05pm eastern
Video of the Day:
I think it is appropriate, especially after the Boston Bruins won the cup on Wednesday to re-live Jack Edwards heroic post-game speech.