It’s the FINAL day of June, which means, July is right around the corner, duh! Any who, here’s the Daily Noontime for Thursday June 30, 2011, enjoy!
* Boston Red Sox manager Terry Francona decided to put David Ortiz back in the lineup on Wednesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, but that didn’t work out.
* Yet again, Red Sox pitcher John Lackey pitched a decent game, but ended with a loss in the loss column. That’s the usual stuff, right?
* According to sources, NFL rookies are eager for some football, but also want their paychecks too.
* Thursday will be an interesting day, as players and owners get set to join NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for some more talks.
* The NBA players and owners will have a few more hours on Thursday, but really, the clock is ticking toward negotiating a new CBA (collective bargaining agreement).
* It was another down day at Wimbledon, as Roger Federer blew a lead and lost his match.
Games to Watch:
* Milwaukee at New York Yankees (MLB) – 1:05pm eastern
* Boston at Philadelphia (MLB) – 1:05pm eastern
* Chicago White Sox at Colorado (MLB) – 3:10pm eastern
* Texas at Houston (MLB) – 8:10pm eastern
Video of the Day:
It must have been an honor for FC Barcelona to meet the President of the United States, right?