Good Thursday to everyone and welcome into yet another, Daily Noontime! Yep, we have some news and headlines, so enjoy!
* It’s yet another day of the Roger Clemens perjury trial and one has to wonder, what does the “Rocket” have to say on Thursday?
* The great John Mackey, who played tight end for the Baltimore Colts has passed away at the age of 69. Certainly, Mackey was a major contributor in the early days of the NFL.
* It’s official, the Boston Red Sox are mimicking themselves of 2010 because of numerous injuries. However, Carl Crawford is expected to return to the line-up after the All-Star Game.
* So, some believe that the NFL Lockout is really close to over, but as one blog states, they’re “at the 5-yard line.”
* If the NFL owners and players don’t reach an agreement soon, some believe the preseason won’t occur, which could be a good or bad thing, right?
* Well, apparently New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter is poised to hit 3,000 hits and yes, he’s almost there.
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at New York Yankees (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Chicago Cubs at Washington (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Baltimore at Boston (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* Arizona at St. Louis (MLB) – 8:15pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Who leaves their cellphone on during a tennis match? Who?