Well, it’s yet again, another Friday in July, how does that feel? Anyways, here’s the Daily Noontime for July 8, 2011, have an awesome day and weekend!
* Former University of Minnesota quarterback Adam Weber is eager for the NFL Lockout to end. Weber wasn’t drafted by any team this past April, but sure hopes to be picked up during training camp.
* Well, it’s official, Kerry Collins is calling it quits. He won’t play another down in the NFL, but some have to wonder, how will he be remembered? Well, one could regale stories about how he changed dramatically with the New York “Football” Giants.
* Sad news was learned, as former Boston Red Sox general manager Dick Williams died the other day at the age of 82.
* It was an exciting Thursday evening at Fenway Park, as the Red Sox beat up the Baltimore Orioles, 10-4, as well as hit four home runs too.
* New York Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter hit his 2,998 hit on Thursday, but also watched his ball club drop to second place in the AL East.
* The MLB discovered some sad news Thursday evening, as a fan died at a Texas Rangers-Oakland Athletics game.
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at New York Yankees (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Atlanta at Philadelphia (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Toronto at Cleveland (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
Video of the Day:
How many youngsters actually get tryouts with actual sports teams? Really?