Daily Noontime – August 12, 2011
Happy Friday and welcome to yet another awesome version of the Daily Noontime! Here’s the headlines and news, so enjoy, friends!
* According to reports, University of Southern California could apparently block any NFL moves to have a team play at the Coliseum while a new stadium is being built in Los Angles.
* Well, apparently the Tennessee Titans are interested in making Chris Johnson the highest paid NFL running back, as long as he shows up to camp.
* The New York Yankees got some help from Robinson Cano on Thursday against the Los Angles of Anaheim Angels, as his home run put his team one game behind the Boston Red Sox in the AL East standings.
* Steve Stricker fired a 63 at the PGA Tournament on Thursday, which apparently tied a tournament record.
* Justin Verlander led the Detroit Tigers past the Cleveland Indians on Thursday, as well as earned his 17th win of the season too.
* Denver Broncos head coach John Fox was quite pleased with quarterback Tim Tebow‘s performance on Thursday against the Dallas Cowboys.
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at New York Yankees (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Chicago Cubs at Atlanta (MLB) – 7:35pm eastern
* Tampa Bay at Kansas City (NFL Preseason) – 8:00pm eastern
* San Francisco at New Orleans (NFL Preseason) – 8:00pm eastern
* Boston at Seattle (MLB) – 10:10pm eastern
Video of the Day:
New England Patriots backup quarterback Ryan Mallet is a name you’ll want to remember!