Daily Noontime – August 15, 2011
Good Monday to everyone and welcome into yet another Daily Noontime, wahoo! Come on, where’s the excitement? OK… OK… We understand, it’s Monday, but in the meantime, check out our headlines and news of the day!
* Yet again, Boston Red Sox pitcher Tim Wakefield struggled and didn’t earn his 200th career win on Sunday against the Seattle Mariners.
* According to reports, New York Yankees third baseman, Alex Rodriguez plans to rejoin the team this week after surgery.
* Apparently the SEC committee didn’t exactly shut the door on Texas A&M, but instead, allowing the process to “play itself out.”
* Keegan Bradley was apparently proud of his perfect putt, which helped him secure his first U.S. PGA tournament win.
* The New York Jets and Houston Texans will battle against one another on Monday in a preseason game and apparently Rex Ryan is ready to display his offense in the “opener.”
* The NFL indeed has some new rules, especially some that revolves around the kicking game, which isn’t making fans, players or coaches happy.
Games to Watch:
* San Francisco at Atlanta (MLB) – 7:00pm eastern
* Minnesota at Detroit (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* New York Jets at Houston (NFL Preseason) – 8:00pm eastern
* New York Yankees at Kansas City (MLB) – 8:05pm eastern
* Texas at Los Angles of Anaheim Angels (MLB) – 10:05pm eastern
Video of the Day:
In case you missed it, here’s an awesome video recapping the month of July!