Daily Noontime – August 17, 2011
Happy Hump Day, y’all and welcome into yet another awesome edition of the Daily Noontime! Here’s the headlines and news of the day, so enjoy, duh!
* Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver, Hines Ward has recorded 954 receptions, but admitted to the media how “awesome” it would be to reach 1,000 catches.
* According to New York “Football” Giants quarterback Eli Manning, he’s technically in the same class, as New England Patriots gun-slinger, Tom Brady.
* Apparently Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo feels like a “kid” again, as he’s having fun at training camp.
* The Detroit Tigers watched Justin Verlander win his 18th game on the mound Tuesday against the Minnesota Twins, 7-1. Verlander has had quite an impressive season and is certainly on course to possibly win 25 games.
* Do you know the name Nevin Shapiro? Well, in case you don’t, he’s a booster for the University of Miami football that clearly took care of various players over the years.
* Philadelphia Phillies pitcher, Roy Halladay fanned 14 batters on Tuesday, however, he also watched his team lose to the Arizona Diamondbacks too, which isn’t so exciting, right?
Games to Watch:
* Tampa Bay at Boston (MLB) – 1:35pm eastern
* Minnesota at Detroit (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Cleveland at Chicago White Sox (MLB) – 8:10pm eastern
Video of the Day:
How often do you see a triple-play at Fenway Park? Really, it’s spectacular!