Daily Noontime – August 19, 2011
It’s OFFICIALLY Friday, which means the weekend is finally here, wahoo! Let’s kick-off yet another summer weekend with some headlines and news, enjoy!
* It’s official, former NFL players are now suing the league they once played in because of “concussion-related injuries.”
* New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning and his comment toward New England Patriots gunslinger, Tom Brady have seemed to help the New York City sports radio scene, especially Michael Kay on ESPN 1050AM.
* Here’s something interesting… should the Washington Nationals be allowed to sport Military Tribute hats on the diamond? Yes or No?
* Good news for New England Patriots fans, as Danny Woodhead admitted, “he’s fine,” especially after sustaining a serious helmet-to-helmet hit on Thursday.
* Apparently, China will ban contracted NBA players during the lockout, which probably isn’t the happiest bit of news these days, right?
* The NHL recently released their national television schedule and yet again, Carolina got the shaft, which means the Hurricanes won’t be seen on NBC this season.
Games to Watch:
* St. Louis at Chicago Cubs (MLB) – 2:20pm eastern
* Washington at Indianapolis (NFL Preseason) – 7:00pm eastern
* Cleveland at Detroit (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Atlanta at Jacksonville (NFL Preseason) – 8:00pm eastern
* Boston at Kansas City (MLB) – 8:10pm eastern
* New York Yankees at Minnesota (MLB) – 8:10pm eastern
Video of the Day:
This wasn’t a pretty thing to watch!