It’s a brand new week, which means, yes, it’s officially Monday! Howdy and welcome to yet another Daily Noontime! Here’s the headlines and news of the day, so enjoy, friends!
* The New York Jets played their second preseason game on Sunday, but also, they welcomed Plaxico Burress back to the gridiron, who made an immediate impact on the first team offense.
* The Dallas Cowboys defense didn’t look too impressive on Sunday, which is why defensive coordinator Rob Ryan took the blame for their first poor play against the San Diego Chargers. Doesn’t this remind you of former head coach, Wade Phillips?
* According to the Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Juan Castillo, he expects his linebackers to be in prime shape and “ready to win the Super Bowl.”
* Apparently the Los Angles of Anaheim Angels dished out a great deal of money recently to sign Jered Weaver to a five-year, $85 million contract extension.
* Sadly, the defending World Series champion San Francisco Giants recently suffered a set back, as their closer, Brian Wilson was placed on the 15-day disable list with inflammation in his right elbow.
* Kyle Busch held onto earn his fourth win on Sunday at the Michigan International Speedway.
Games to Watch:
* Detroit at Tampa Bay (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* Chicago Bears at New York “Football” Giants (NFL Preseason) – 8:00pm eastern
* Boston at Texas (MLB) – 8:05pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Here’s a look at Plaxico’s first touchdown with the New York Jets!