Happy Friday, y’all and of course, happy birthday Matt Noonan, who is the creator of Noontime Sports! Here’s the Daily Noontime, so enjoy, as well as have an awesome, but also, safe weekend too!
* So, those pesky New York Yankees recorded three grand-slams on Thursday against the Oakland Athletics, which is rather frightening.
* Due to Hurricane Irene, which is giving everyone head aches, the MLB has made some schedule changes that’ll affect a majority of the east coast clubs.
* Well, it appears that Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has taken a “step” backwards, which isn’t a good sign.
* Apparently the NFL is planning on donating $1 million to a new memorial in Washington D.C. that will honor Martin Luther King Jr. on the National Mall.
* According to sources, NBA regional meetings have continued in Chicago this past week, but again, the league remains locked out.
* The Cleveland Indians made a major acquisition on Thursday, as they acquired Jim Thome from the Minnesota Twins.
Games to Watch:
* New York Yankees at Baltimore (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Kansas City at Cleveland (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* Oakland at Boston (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* Green Bay at Indianapolis (NFL Preseason) – 8:00pm eastern
* St. Louis at Kansas City (NFL Preseason) – 8:00pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Do you remember where you were when the east coast experienced an earthquake on Wednesday? Well, I bet Torrey Smith does, especially since it was videotaped.