Daily Noontime – August 30, 2011
It’s Tuesday, which means the week is slowly moving along. Here’s the headlines and news of the day, so enjoy, friends!
* The New York Jets flew past the New York Giants on Monday in an impressive win.
* Is it possible to think that Philadelphia Phillies pitcher Cole Hamels is underrated? If so, why? Well, here’s some reasons why Phillies fans shouldn’t be too concerned about their playoff pitching situation.
* The Philadelphia Eagles reached deep into their pockets on Monday and handed quarterback Michael Vick a brand new six-year, $100 million contract.
* Good news for Indianapolis Colts fans, quarterback Peyton Manning will ease his way back into practice mode, especially since he’s officially off the physically unable to perform list.
* The first game of a critical regular season series between the Boston Red Sox and New York Yankees is on Tuesday and certainly the AL East division lead is on the line.
* Alex Rodriguez will be day-to-day going forward and could certainly miss the Red Sox-Yankees series.
Games to Watch:
* Oakland at Cleveland (MLB) – 7:05pm eastern
* New York Yankees at Boston (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* Tampa Bay at Texas (MLB) – 8:05pm eastern
* Chicago Cubs at San Francisco (MLB) – 10:15pm eastern
Video of the Day:
In case you missed Manning’s interview with the media on Monday, here’s the clip!