Daily Noontime – September 15, 2011
It’s Thursday, which means the weekend is right around the corner, wahoo! Here’s the latest news, highlights and headlines of the day!
* During his weekly meeting with the media on Wednesday, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady told reporters that fans should “start drinking early” on Sunday.
* Carolina Panthers rookie quarterback Cam Newton was quite impressive last Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, but now he needs to remain consistent going forward.
* Once again, the Boston Red Sox lost again, as the Toronto Blue Jays finished the two-game series on Wednesday with a significant win.
* It’s official, the Philadelphia Phillies are back in the MLB playoffs, as Roy Halladay helped his squad clinch a spot on Wednesday.
* The Detroit Tigers winning ways continue, as they earned their 12th win in a row on Wednesday against the Chicago White Sox.
Games to Watch:
* Florida at Philadelphia (MLB) – 2:35pm eastern
* Tampa Bay at Boston (MLB) – 7:10pm eastern
* #3 LSU at #25 Mississippi State (NCAA Football) – 8:00pm eastern
* Detroit at Oakland (MLB) – 10:05pm eastern
Video of the Day:
Any chance Cam Newton will dance in the end zone again this weekend?