Hard to believe it, but the first official NFL Sunday in October is upon us – wow! Here’s some of the recent headlines and news heading into week four of the regular season, enjoy!
* Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton finally earned his first win of the season last week, yet now comes a daunting task – the Chicago Bears. In a recent article about Newton and the Panthers, Bears head coach Lovie Smith compared the rookie quarterback to former Carolina defensive end, Julius Peppers. Yet, how does Newton and Peppers compare to one another? That seems strange, right?
* Washington Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo admitted recently that he was tired of hearing about Tony Romo‘s heroism. Orakpo told ESPN 980’s John Thompson on Tuesday that he believed this whole situation with Romo’s injury was blown out of proportion. Certainly the Redskins and their coaches aren’t happy about the loss, but luckily they’ll get another shot at the Dallas Cowboys later this season.
* While the Buffalo Bills prepare for their fourth opponent of the season – the Cincinnati Bengals, sources have confirmed that the team is close to a new deal with St. John Fisher, which would keep their training camp at Pittsford college.
* According to a recent report via Yahoo! Sports, Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer won’t be headed to Miami, Florida.
* The Indianapolis Colts recently signed former Detroit Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky due to Kerry Collins‘s concussion-like symptoms.